From: "Ed Avis" <eda at waniasset dot com>
Subject: New sqsh release to fix password reading bug?
Date: Jan 12 2010 9:49AM

I have some cron jobs that invoke sqsh as

sqsh -L footers=0 -L style=vert -U myuser -P mypass -D mydb -S myserver -i foo.sql

to run a series of SQL statements from foo.sql against the database given.

Recently I changed them so that sqsh is invoked from Perl using Perl's IPC::Cmd
library instead of run directly from cron.  Somehow, this caused sqsh to report

Can't read password
sqsh: -: No error

instead of connecting using the password given in the -P argument.

I don't know what exactly caused this, but the latest sqsh from Sourceforge CVS
(as of 2010-01-12) works okay.  So I assume there was some bug fix between 2.1.6
and now.

If this is the case, could a new 2.1.7 release be made with the fix?

--
Ed Avis