From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Mac OS X Xserve install
Date: Aug 28 2009 6:39PM

You need the Sybase openclient software/libraries installed on the new
server for this to work.

I think that Sybase has produced a version of OpenClient for MacOSX/
Intel, though I suspect that this requires 10.5 (leopard) - and it's
most likely not free.

I suppose that you may be able to get this to run under the
compatibility mode, but I somehow doubt that this will really be a
good solution.

Michael

On Aug 28, 2009, at 4:41 PM, Strand, Paul wrote:

> I'm trying to get an existing server set up to port existing apps
> over.  The bulk of them require Sybase.  The server I'm trying to
> set up is running Mac OS X 10.4 with Intel chips.  The source server
> is running Mac OS X 10.4 with G5 chips and it's having problems.
>
> I installed DBD::Sybase and Sybase::CTlib -both with some difficulty
> and I have to admit I forced a few things out of desperation.
> Ultimately, I think there's something wrong with my Sybase.bundle
> because I get this error:
>
> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _cs_ctx_alloc
>  Referenced from: /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-
> multi-2level/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.bundle
>  Expected in: dynamic lookup
>
> dyld: Symbol not found: _cs_ctx_alloc
>  Referenced from: /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-
> multi-2level/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.bundle
>  Expected in: dynamic lookup
>
> Trace/BPT trap
>
> I went through the information in the FAQ and the errors I get don't
> look like what's there.  I remember at one point trying to install,
> I got errors about the processor not being PPC.  I haven't had much
> luck getting the SYBASE (and other) environment variables to be
> visible to perl.  I don't have a lot (module-wise) installed at this
> point, so I can start over if that makes things easier.  That should
> be full disclosure.
>
> What do I need to do?
>
> Thanx,
> Paul

"A successful [software] tool is one that was used to do something
undreamed of by its author." -- S. C. Johnson