From: "Strand, Paul" <pstrand at desmoine dot gannett dot com>
Subject: Mac OS X Xserve install
Date: Aug 28 2009 2:41PM

I'm trying to get an existing server set up to port existing apps over.  The bulk of them require Sybase.  The server I'm trying to set up is running Mac OS X 10.4 with Intel chips.  The source server is running Mac OS X 10.4 with G5 chips and it's having problems.

I installed DBD::Sybase and Sybase::CTlib -both with some difficulty and I have to admit I forced a few things out of desperation.  Ultimately, I think there's something wrong with my Sybase.bundle because I get this error:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _cs_ctx_alloc
  Referenced from: /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.bundle
  Expected in: dynamic lookup

dyld: Symbol not found: _cs_ctx_alloc
  Referenced from: /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.bundle
  Expected in: dynamic lookup

Trace/BPT trap

I went through the information in the FAQ and the errors I get don't look like what's there.  I remember at one point trying to install, I got errors about the processor not being PPC.  I haven't had much luck getting the SYBASE (and other) environment variables to be visible to perl.  I don't have a lot (module-wise) installed at this point, so I can start over if that makes things easier.  That should be full disclosure.

What do I need to do?

Thanx,
Paul