From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: What does this error message mean (db-library)?
Date: Apr 5 2009 12:03PM

Try using sudo -u -H

I'm guessing you're getting a different version of glibc under the
sudo environment for some reason, or maybe there is something like
SElinux that is playing games...

Michael

On Mar 31, 2009, at 10:02 PM, Wechsler, Steven wrote:

> This script runs fine when I run it as my own ID or as the Sybase
> user, but when I run it as a different user, using sudo -u sybase, I
> get this error:
>
> /usr/bin/perl: relocation error: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-
> linux-thread-multi/auto/Sybase/DBlib/DBlib.so: symbol dbopen,
> version FLSSL_1 not defined in file libsybdb.so with link time
> reference Return from switch_default_db.pl was 32512
>
> I have never seen this particular error before, and neither has
> Google, apparently (except for one non-English article).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

Michael Peppler              -                    Peppler Consulting
SaRL
mpeppler@peppler.org         -                     http://www.peppler.org
Sybase DBA/Developer         -      TeamSybase: http://www.teamsybase.com
Sybase on Linux FAQ          -      http://www.peppler.org/FAQ/linux.html