From: "Ed Avis" <eda at waniasset dot com>
Subject: RE: Problem wit loading CTLib via CGI on WinXp
Date: Feb 4 2009 2:44PM

Your attached test script is very complicated - it does all sorts of stuff apart from opening a file.  Couldn't you make a simple script that just does that?

However, it looks like the open() call is not correct - you have

    open(INTERFACES)

which will open a file called 'interfaces', and not give any error if it fails!  You would need something like

    my $filename = 'whatever';
    my $fh;                    # file handle
    open $fh, '<', $filename
      or die "cannot open $filename for reading: $!";

I think you need to make a test program as I suggested, and if you don't know how to do that, find a local perl programmer who does.

--
Ed Avis