From: Terrence Brannon <schemelab at gmail dot com>
Subject: Sybase::Simple - use database should be an option to the constructor?
Date: Oct 20 2009 5:52PM

According to Mike, choosing a database is a separate step in
Sybase::Simple (which BTW is a godsend module).

However, I see no reason why it couldnt be an additional argument to new:

my $syb = Sybase::Simple->new($user, $password, undef, $database);

And certainly the DBI has the database_name as an argument to it's $dbh factory

Of course I could just subclass Sybase::Simple with a module that took
the additional argument and then made the call. But I honestly think
that most people would prefer that the standard Sybase::Simple offer
it.