From: "Ed Avis" <eda at waniasset dot com>
Subject: RE: CTlib or DBD-Sybase
Date: Oct 8 2009 2:52PM

>We have a lot of code using Sybase::DBlib and are considering
>porting it to CTlib. We have 2 choices Sybase::CTlib or
>DBD-Sybase.

I would suggest standardizing on DBD::Sybase.  I've used all three,
Sybase::CTlib is certainly a fine library, but DBI is nowadays the
standard Perl way to connect to databases so you will not have a new
API to learn if you start using a different server or driver.

(To connect to an MSSQL server I use DBD::Sybase on Linux and
DBD::ODBC on Windows, but because DBI presents a uniform interface
for both drivers, the same code can run on both platforms.)

--
Ed Avis