From: <sergei dot cher at thomsonreuters dot com>
Subject: RE: Sybase::CTlib
Date: Apr 29 2008 8:18PM

I had this issue a couple of weeks ago. As I remember, I had to PASS the
environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH from the Web Server to the CGI
script.

How I did it (I have Apache2 Web Server installed):

1)       I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the "apachectl" shell script; just in
case, I also, as I remember, set the following environment variables in
"apachectl" shell script:

         SYBASE

         SYBASE_OCS

         PATH

         SYBASE_JRE

2)       I put additional line of code in the httpd.conf file - the line
is presented below:

            PassEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH

By the way, just in case, I also passed the following environment
variables to the CGI script, by adding the following lines of code to
the httpd.conf:

PassEnv SYBASE

PassEnv SYBASE_OCS

PassEnv PATH

PassEnv SYBASE_JRE

Then I stopped and restarted Apache2 Web Server, and everything started
to work.

Bottom line: you need to pass LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable from
the Web Server (whatever Web Server you installed) to the CGI script.

Sergei Cher

Consultant

Thomson Reuters

Boston, MA, USA