From: <sergei dot cher at thomsonreuters dot com>
Subject: RE: Need help in troubleshooting Sybperl installation on Sun Solaris10
Date: Apr 24 2008 6:46PM

Yes.

But I finally resolved the issue - it was my fault.

Several days ago my peer simply moved the whole directory tree
"site_perl" with all the Sybperl libraries from the production Sun
Solaris box to my box and put it in 2 places - just in case. I was sure
that I deleted all these files, but apparently I forgot to delete
several directories in one of these 2 locations before running the
install yesterday.

2) So, I cleaned up everything - deleted Sybperl libraries and
directories from everywhere then did the fresh install and everything
started to work.

Lesson learned:

1) Don't allow anybody to experiment with software on your box - ask
him/her to read the documentation first.

2) Read FAQ in Perl distribution - this issue is described there in the
Paragraph 2.4.

Michael - thanks a lot for your help - I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Sergei Cher
Consultant
Thomson Reuters (former Thomson Financial)
Boston, MA, USA