From: "Jason L dot Froebe" <jason at froebe dot net>
Subject: FYI: sp_tables doesn't work with SQL UDFs
Date: Apr 9 2008 6:49PM

Hi Michael,

Just an fyi:  ASE 15 sp_tables doesn't work with SQL UDFs.  sp_tables has the udfs coming back as system tables.

repro:
1) create a sql udf in a db
2) run sp_tables, you will see the UDF as a "SYSTEM TABLE"

22] DBADEV1.sybase_dba.1> sp_tables;
 table_qualifier table_owner table_name table_type remarks
 sybase_dba       dbo          DATE_FORMAT                                                                SYSTEM TABLE  NULL

In the above example, the DATE_FORMAT UDF is the one at http://froebe.net/blog/2007/10/10/porting-mysqls-date_format-function-to-sybase-ase-1502/

I've opened a case with Sybase to get this fixed - I'll let you know the CR # when I get it.

Jason L. Froebe

WebBlog http://jfroebe.livejournal.com
Tech log http://www.froebe.net/blog
Froebe Fibers http://www.froebe-fibers.com

The opinions expressed within are the sole rantings of a raving lunatic and in no way reflect the rantings, fits, tantrums, errors, corrections, allocutions, or aimless thoughts of Sybase or its employees or of TeamSybase or ISUG. Any resemblence to reasonable thought, or any official or published opinion of Sybase, TeamSybase or ISUG is merely coincidental, and should be totally ignored.