From: michael dot x dot peppler at jpmchase dot com
Subject: Re: Sybase::CTlib and OCS 15 vs OCS 12.5
Date: Mar 28 2008 7:55AM

I don't know much about windows, but this technique most definitely
doesn't work under Unix, because most of these variables (in particular
for loading DLLs) can't be set in the process itself - they must be set in
the calling process.

Try setting these variables in a cmd window, and then running your script
to see if it helps.

Michael

George Brink
Sent by: owner-sybperl-l@peppler.org
27.03.2008 22:16

sybperl-l@peppler.org
cc

Subject
Sybase::CTlib and OCS 15 vs OCS 12.5

I live (mostly) on windows with OCS 15, it is
installed into c:\sql.
I also have OCS 12.5 in c:\sql_12-5
Installed sybperl 2.18 into ActivePerl 5.8.8

My problem is that sybperl is compiled against 12.5
and I need to modify my environment before using it.
So i wrote:
----------------
BEGIN {
                 $ENV{SYBASE}     = 'c:\sql_12-5';
                 $ENV{SYBASE_OCS} = 'OCS-12_5';
                 $ENV{PATH}       = 'c:\sql_12-5\dll';
}
use strict;
use Sybase::CTlib;
my $sybase_status = new Sybase::CTlib $db_login,
$db_pw, $db_server or die "Can not connect to
$db_server";
print "Connected\n";
-----------------

And i receive next set of messages:
----------------
The context allocation routine failed.

The following problem caused the failure:

Invalid context version.
Connected
After that it works fine, I can select/insert/execute.
But what is this "context allocation routine" which
fails?

George Brink

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

and affiliates.

copy format. Thank you.

disclosures relating to UK legal entities.