From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: DBD::Sybase not working with repserver
Date: Mar 14 2008 6:30AM

Wechsler, Steven wrote:
> It's a non-interactive replacement for ISQL that has a lot of
> customiations for our site. But since I made a major change to the
> script, I don't really need to retrieve the data type any more, so I'll
> take that section out.
>
> It would be nice, however, if we had the option to use the hard coded
> data types, for situations like this, at the risk of not necessarily
> getting the correct info. Or maybe have it determine what type of server
> it's connecting to, and then figure out how to determine the data types
> based on the server type (the way Microsoft is continually changing SQL
> Server, I wouldn't be surprised if they removed that stored proc one of
> these days).

I guess that's possible, although it is part of the "get metadata for
ODBC" procs, so would appear to be pretty essential...

I'll look at making that particular call a bit more fault tolerant.

Michael Peppler           -                 Peppler Consulting SaRL
mpeppler@peppler.org      -                  http://www.peppler.org
Sybase DBA/Developer      -   TeamSybase: http://www.teamsybase.com
Sybase on Linux FAQ       -   http://www.peppler.org/FAQ/linux.html