From: "Wechsler, Steven" <Steven dot Wechsler at mtvstaff dot com>
Subject: RE: DBD::Sybase not working with repserver
Date: Mar 13 2008 8:19PM

It's a non-interactive replacement for ISQL that has a lot of
customiations for our site. But since I made a major change to the
script, I don't really need to retrieve the data type any more, so I'll
take that section out.

It would be nice, however, if we had the option to use the hard coded
data types, for situations like this, at the risk of not necessarily
getting the correct info. Or maybe have it determine what type of server
it's connecting to, and then figure out how to determine the data types
based on the server type (the way Microsoft is continually changing SQL
Server, I wouldn't be surprised if they removed that stored proc one of
these days).

Regards,

Steve

Steve Wechsler | steven.wechsler@mtvstaff.com
Sybase/SQL Server/MySQL Database Administrator
212-846-5683

MTV Networks