From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: DBD::Sybase not working with repserver
Date: Mar 13 2008 8:11PM

Wechsler, Steven wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have a system here with the following versions installed:
>
>   Perl            : 5.008008    (x86_64-linux-thread-multi)
>   OS              : linux       (2.6.9-42.0.3.elsmp)
>   DBI             : 1.602
>   DBD::mysql      : 3.0007
>   DBD::Sybase     : 1.08
>
> It works fine with ASE and MS SQL Server, but when I try to retrieve
> results from a repserver, I get this:
>
> Msg 2056, Severity 12, State 0:
> Server 'secliverep01', Line: 0:
> Line 1, character 1: Incorrect syntax with 'sp_datatype_info'.

The typeinfo() call (in Sybase.pm) is coded to use sp_datatype_info to
accomodate varying datatype definitions that started showing up in 12.5
(wider varchar columns, etc).

That's why the 0.95 version works fine (datatypes are hard-coded) - as
sp_datatype_info obviously won't work when talking to a rep server.

What does your script do?
I've used DBD::Sybase with rep server a lot, and I haven't had this
problem...

Michael Peppler           -                 Peppler Consulting SaRL
mpeppler@peppler.org      -                  http://www.peppler.org
Sybase DBA/Developer      -   TeamSybase: http://www.teamsybase.com
Sybase on Linux FAQ       -   http://www.peppler.org/FAQ/linux.html