From: michael dot x dot peppler at jpmchase dot com
Subject: Re: ct_con_alloc failed / Apache / FastCGI / DBD::Sybase
Date: Feb 15 2008 11:13AM

Try to disable the RTLD_GLOBAL flag for the dynamic loader. In
DBD::Sybase's Sybase.pm around line 35 force the dl_load_flags() sub to
always return 0 and see if it helps.

Michael

Emmanuel Quevillon
Sent by: owner-sybperl-l@peppler.org
15.02.2008 11:48
Please respond to
tuco@pasteur.fr

sybperl-l@peppler.org
cc

Subject
Re: ct_con_alloc failed / Apache / FastCGI / DBD::Sybase

michael.x.peppler@jpmchase.com wrote:

> I think this list is a reasonable place to ask this question :-)
>
> The error indicates that the Sybase OpenClient code can't allocate a new

> connection handle. This can be due to memory issues, but more likely
> there is some issue in the fastcgi setup where the Sybase OpenClient
> code gets confused.
>
> Which version of DBD::Sybase are you using?
>
> Michael

Hi Michael
I am currently using DBD::Sybase version 1.08.
Concerning FastCGI, I just followed the instruction for its
installation from the INSTALL file...Weird behavior tho!

BTW, I tested with mod_perl 2.x and it works fine.

Cheers
--
Emmanuel Quevillon

and affiliates.

copy format. Thank you.

disclosures relating to UK legal entities.