From: michael dot x dot peppler at jpmchase dot com
Subject: Re: ct_con_alloc failed / Apache / FastCGI / DBD::Sybase
Date: Feb 15 2008 9:56AM

I think this list is a reasonable place to ask this question :-)

The error indicates that the Sybase OpenClient code can't allocate a new
connection handle. This can be due to memory issues, but more likely there
is some issue in the fastcgi setup where the Sybase OpenClient code gets
confused.

Which version of DBD::Sybase are you using?

Michael

Emmanuel Quevillon
Sent by: owner-sybperl-l@peppler.org
15.02.2008 10:00
Please respond to
tuco@pasteur.fr

sybperl-l@peppler.org
cc

Subject
ct_con_alloc failed / Apache / FastCGI / DBD::Sybase

Hi,
I don't really know if this is the right list I should write
to but in doubt...
I've got a webserver (apache) running a database search web
interface through fastcgi.
Unfortunately, when I try to connect to Sybase with my
application (that fastcgi try to handle) it fails with this
error message in error_log of apache :

FastCGI: server
"/Users/tuco/src/projects/mycobiblio/script/mycobiblio_fastcgi.pl"
stderr: ct_con_alloc failed at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level/DBD/Sybase.pm

line 90

In this case, it is Apache that handle the request to DB
through fastcgi.
If I make fastcgi listening a socket written by my perl
script, everything is ok.
I set up a lot of different Env in my apache config file but
it looks like it is not enough such as :

SetEnv  SYBROOT /Applications/Sybase/System
SetEnv  SYBASE  /Applications/Sybase/System
SetEnv  SCROOT  /Applications/Sybase/System/sybcent41
SetEnv  DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
/Applications/Sybase/System/ASE-12_5/lib:/Applications/Sybase/Syste
m/OCS-12_5/lib
SetEnv  SYBASE_OCS       OCS-12_5
SetEnv  SYBASE_SYSAM    SYSAM-1_0
SetEnv  SYBASE_JRE      /Applications/Sybase/Sysytem
SetEnv  SYBASE_ASE      ASE-12_5
SetEnv  LIB     /Applications/Sybase/System/OCS-12_5/lib
SetEnv  LC_ALL  C
SetEnv  LANG    C

So I wondered if someone has already faced such problem and
could give me a clue?

Thanks a lot.
Sorry for disturbing the list.
Regards
--
Emmanuel Quevillon

and affiliates.

copy format. Thank you.

disclosures relating to UK legal entities.