From: Emmanuel Quevillon <tuco at pasteur dot fr>
Subject: ct_con_alloc failed / Apache / FastCGI / DBD::Sybase
Date: Feb 15 2008 9:00AM

Hi,
I don't really know if this is the right list I should write
to but in doubt...
I've got a webserver (apache) running a database search web
interface through fastcgi.
Unfortunately, when I try to connect to Sybase with my
application (that fastcgi try to handle) it fails with this
error message in error_log of apache :

FastCGI: server
"/Users/tuco/src/projects/mycobiblio/script/mycobiblio_fastcgi.pl"
stderr: ct_con_alloc failed at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level/DBD/Sybase.pm
line 90

In this case, it is Apache that handle the request to DB
through fastcgi.
If I make fastcgi listening a socket written by my perl
script, everything is ok.
I set up a lot of different Env in my apache config file but
it looks like it is not enough such as :

SetEnv  SYBROOT /Applications/Sybase/System
SetEnv  SYBASE  /Applications/Sybase/System
SetEnv  SCROOT  /Applications/Sybase/System/sybcent41
SetEnv  DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
/Applications/Sybase/System/ASE-12_5/lib:/Applications/Sybase/Syste
m/OCS-12_5/lib
SetEnv  SYBASE_OCS       OCS-12_5
SetEnv  SYBASE_SYSAM    SYSAM-1_0
SetEnv  SYBASE_JRE      /Applications/Sybase/Sysytem
SetEnv  SYBASE_ASE      ASE-12_5
SetEnv  LIB     /Applications/Sybase/System/OCS-12_5/lib
SetEnv  LC_ALL  C
SetEnv  LANG    C

So I wondered if someone has already faced such problem and
could give me a clue?

Thanks a lot.
Sorry for disturbing the list.
Regards