From: "Lenga, Yair " <yair dot lenga at citi dot com>
Subject: Retrieving datetime date into perl.
Date: Dec 29 2008 1:27PM

Hi,

I apologize for posting a questions that is only 50% related to Sybase.

I'm working on a module that has to retrieve and process datetime from
Sybase. My problem is that I deal with financial data, which extended
beyond 2037 - and I can not use standard Perl measure for time (seconds
past 1970) due to 32 bit overflow.

Does anyone know of a good way to handle this problem. Ideally, I'm
looking for a module that will
- Parse dates from the format provided by DBD::Sybase.
- Allow for basic math of the dates - same as Sybase dateadd, datediff,
datepart, ...
- Support formatting similar to strftime.
- Hopefully, something that can handle dates, as well as sub-seconds
time stamp - so I have one solution for all my date processing.

Thanks,
Yair Lenga