From: "Brown, Jordan" <jordan dot brown at jnli dot com>
Subject: libsybunic64.so - Error connecting. ASE 15.0, OpenSuSE 10.3 x64
Date: Jan 24 2008 7:25PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm having trouble getting DBD::Sybase to work.

I've been looking around for answers to this problem, but I haven't been
able to find any...

I've got a new Linux box, 64 bit, with OpenSuSE 10.3 installed on it.

I downloaded and installed the Sybase 15.0 ASE with the OCS-15_0
libraries.  I had some problems getting the environment variables right,
but eventually after I read the documentation, I sourced the SYBASE.sh
file, and I was able to compile DBD::Sybase.  It ran all of the tests
correctly, and I passed 100%.  It seemed to work.

However, it didn't work.

When I run a Perl script to connect to the database, it crashes at this
line:  "require DBD::Sybase;"

With this error:

Can't load
'/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/Sybas
e/Sybase.so' for module DBD::Sybase: libsybunic64.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
at ./MSKdbconnect.pl line 34 Compilation failed in require at
./MSKdbconnect.pl line 34.
(P1 )

I have verified that the Sybase.so and DynaLoader.pm file are in their
respective locations, and are readable by everyone.

The libsybunic64.so file is in /opt/sybase/OCS-15_0/lib

The only theory I have is that, maybe the apache user doesn't have the
sybase environment variables?  I can't figure out how to test this
though...

Has anyone else seen this before?

Thanks for your help.

Jordan Brown