From: "Wechsler, Steven" <Steven dot Wechsler at mtvstaff dot com>
Subject: RE: Is there a performance advantage to using placeholders with Sybase?
Date: Jan 8 2008 2:41PM

Yes, I guess I should have stated that off the bat - I am using
FreeTDS...anyone know if it's been updated?

If not, although writing a stored proc beforehand isn't practical, what
I'm doing is simple enough that I could generate a stored proc on the
fly, use do() repeatedly and then drop it at the end. Presumably that
would be better than continual $dbh->do("insert table_x (select * from
table_y where ...)") - right?

Steve Wechsler | steven.wechsler@mtvstaff.com
Sybase/SQL Server/MySQL Database Administrator
212-846-5683

MTV Networks