From: "Ed Avis" <eda at waniasset dot com>
Subject: RE: Is there a performance advantage to using placeholders with Sybase?
Date: Jan 8 2008 11:20AM

>OpenClient can do array binding, though I've never used it.

OpenClient == ctlib?

>For execution of RPC (procs using placeholders) you must use
>the form "exec procname ...".

Hmm, still no error is thrown:

    my $sth = $dbh->prepare('exec my_stored_proc ?');
    $sth->execute('x');

>And lastly - if you are using FreeTDS then most of this
>(placeholders, array binding, RPC execution) doesn't work
>anyway,

Yes, I've noticed that it tends to segfault or otherwise misbehave if you try to prepare statement handles and stuff.  It's likely that the above is a bug in FreeTDS.  What happens if you run the above code using DBD::Sybase using Sybase's ctlib?

--
Ed Avis