From: "Jason L dot Froebe" <jason at froebe dot net>
Subject: Re: DBD::Sybase with FreeTDS on Linux works, but fails when run under Apache
Date: Jun 5 2007 5:35PM

I wonder if there is a way to detect what is and isn't allowed by the
SELinux layer... prior to attempting to load DBD::*.  Perhaps check in
the BEGIN {} block and continue if SELinux allows for loading of
untrusted libraries.

In the past, I've just disabled SELinux but it looks like I will need
to read up more on it to see if there is anything Sybase has to do and
what we need to do for using SELinux for Apache.

jason
--- Michael Peppler  wrote:

> Ed Avis wrote:

> >> Check the SElinux settings. By default this is turned on, and
> >> prevents CGI scripts from openening "untrusted" shared libraries.
> >
> > Thanks, that was it.  I went to System -> Administration ->
> Security level and firewall -> SELinux -> Modify SELinux settings ->
> HTTPD settings and ticked a bunch of stuff.  Now the CGI script is
> able to connect.
> >
> > Could DBD::Sybase be changed to report a better error message when
> it cannot load the ctlib shared library?
> >

> Unfortunately not, because DBD::Sybase itself simply can't load if
> the
> shared library can't be loaded.
>
> Michael
> --
> Michael Peppler           -                 Peppler Consulting SaRL
> mpeppler@peppler.org      -                  http://www.peppler.org
> Sybase DBA/Developer      -   TeamSybase: http://www.teamsybase.com
> Sybase on Linux FAQ       -   http://www.peppler.org/FAQ/linux.html

Jason L. Froebe

Help find a cure for breast cancer!  Net proceeds benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the National Philanthropic Trust. Help by donating at http://www.the3day.org/chicago07/jfroebe - I'm walking 60 miles in 3 days in August 2007.  (The day I return from TechWave is the first day of the Walk)

WebBlog http://jfroebe.livejournal.com
Tech log http://www.froebe.net/blog
Froebe Fibers http://www.froebe-fibers.com