From: "Ed Avis" <eda at waniasset dot com>
Subject: RE: DBD::Sybase with FreeTDS on Linux works, but fails when run under Apache
Date: Jun 4 2007 10:10AM

Michael Peppler wrote:

>>I am using Fedora Linux 6, with FreeTDS 0.64, and
>>DBD::Sybase 1.08.

>Check the SElinux settings. By default this is turned on, and
>prevents CGI scripts from openening "untrusted" shared libraries.

Thanks, that was it.  I went to System -> Administration -> Security level and firewall -> SELinux -> Modify SELinux settings -> HTTPD settings and ticked a bunch of stuff.  Now the CGI script is able to connect.

Could DBD::Sybase be changed to report a better error message when it cannot load the ctlib shared library?

--
Ed Avis