From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Question on sybperl etc
Date: May 26 2007 8:57AM

William Bell wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> I thought I have it compiled ok.... It compiled and all of the tests
> succeeded so I went ahead with "make install"... I am just testing a
> simple "pubs2" perl script and am getting an error....It almost seems
> like I am missing an environment variable or something...
>
> The error is:
> install_driver(Sybase) failed: Can't load
> '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.so'
> for module DBD::Sybase: libsybct.so : cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory at

That one's fairly easy to fix.

You need to have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set correctly, or add the
$SYBASE/$SYBASE_OCS/lib path to /etc/ld.so.conf file.

You may also need to "fix" the SElinux settings, depending on how your
linux box is set up (if the SElinux settings are "strict" then shared
libraries can only be loaded from specific directories, IIRC).

Michael Peppler           -                 Peppler Consulting SaRL
mpeppler@peppler.org      -                  http://www.peppler.org
Sybase DBA/Developer      -   TeamSybase: http://www.teamsybase.com
Sybase on Linux FAQ       -   http://www.peppler.org/FAQ/linux.html