From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: DBD::Sybase 1.07_06
Date: Apr 10 2007 3:54PM

All,

I'm finally getting closer to releasing the DBD::Sybase 1.08, which will
have a number of fixes.

I would like to encourage those of you who have the time and the
resources to please download and install version 1.07_06 from
http://www.peppler.org/downloads and let me know of any issues that you
may find.

 From the CHANGES file:

         Detect missing libblk.a library, and disable the BLK api calls
         if necessary.
         Added code to force dlopen() to use RTLD_GLOBAL.
         Corrected ct_option() functionality detection.
         Fixed incorrect handling of bind_params() (Thanks to Tim Bunce).
         Added serverType DSN parameter.
         Added tds_keepalive DSN parameter.
         Fixed incorrect handling of multiple result sets with DBI
         1.53 and later.
         Re-wrote $dbh->ping() in C for faster operation.
         Allow automated build without prompts.
         Fixed nsql() buglet.

         Bug Fixes

         616 - Spurious error message when the login request times out.
         614 - Documentation improvement for syb_xxx methods.
         610 - Segfault when using signals with the threaded libraries
	      and perl >= 5.8.

Thanks,

Michael Peppler           -                 Peppler Consulting SaRL
mpeppler@peppler.org      -                  http://www.peppler.org
Sybase DBA/Developer      -   TeamSybase: http://www.teamsybase.com
Sybase on Linux FAQ       -   http://www.peppler.org/FAQ/linux.html