From: michael dot peppler at bnpparibas dot com
Subject: Re: Connecting to repserver with DBD::Sybase
Date: Apr 3 2007 5:46AM

That would be DBD::Sybase 1.07.

Could you try DBD::Sybase 1.07_04, available from
http://www.peppler.org/downloads please ?

(I use that version at the moment, and use it to connect to rep servers as
well as ASE...)

Michael

Internet
Steven.Wechsler@mtvstaff.com@peppler.org - 02.04.2007 20:35

Sent by:        owner-sybperl-l@peppler.org
To:     sybperl-l
cc:
Subject:        Connecting to repserver with DBD::Sybase

I'm not sure what the official release numberis , but the version listed
in Sybase.pm is 1.90

Are there any known issues with this release? When I try to connect to a
repserver I get this error:

Msg 2056, Severity 12, State 0:
Server 'liverep1', Line: 0:
Line 1, character 1: Incorrect syntax with 'sp_datatype_info'.
Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at
/usr/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/sun4-solaris-64int/DBD/Sybase.pm line 355,
 line 2.

Obviously it's trying to run this stored procedure on connection.

It works fine when connecting to ASE, and an earlier version of Sybase.pm
(1.41) installed on one of our older servers works against repserver.

Steve Wechsler | steven.wechsler@mtvstaff.com
Sybase/SQL Server/MySQL Database Administrator
212-846-5683

MTV Networks