From: "Wechsler, Steven" <Steven dot Wechsler at mtvstaff dot com>
Subject: Connecting to repserver with DBD::Sybase
Date: Apr 2 2007 6:35PM

I'm not sure what the official release numberis , but the version listed
in Sybase.pm is 1.90

Are there any known issues with this release? When I try to connect to a
repserver I get this error:

Msg 2056, Severity 12, State 0:
Server 'liverep1', Line: 0:
Line 1, character 1: Incorrect syntax with 'sp_datatype_info'.
Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at
/usr/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/sun4-solaris-64int/DBD/Sybase.pm line 355,
 line 2.

Obviously it's trying to run this stored procedure on connection.

It works fine when connecting to ASE, and an earlier version of
Sybase.pm (1.41) installed on one of our older servers works against
repserver.

Steve Wechsler | steven.wechsler@mtvstaff.com
Sybase/SQL Server/MySQL Database Administrator
212-846-5683

MTV Networks