From: "Matthew Persico" <matthew dot persico at gmail dot com>
Subject: DBD::Sybase and extended sysprocesses columns
Date: Mar 26 2007 4:36PM

In Sybase 12.5 (don't know about earlier versions) there are three
columns in sysprocesses:

 clientname         varchar  30 NULL  NULL     1 NULL   NULL   NULL     0
 clienthostname   varchar  30 NULL  NULL     1 NULL   NULL   NULL     0
 clientapplname   varchar  30 NULL  NULL     1 NULL   NULL   NULL
                                 0

that are much longer than the "normally" used ones for this info:
 hostname          char   10 NULL  NULL     0 NULL    NULL NULL 0
 program_name   char   16 NULL  NULL     0 NULL    NULL NULL 0

Any chance that we can fill in the longer columns with DBD::Sybase?
I've checked my sysprocesses table and it looks like NONE of the
various clients we use around here fill those fields. DBD::Sybase
would be a good start.

--
Matthew O. Persico