From: ed <cenvnc at gmail dot com>
Subject: Sybase::bcp
Date: Feb 7 2007 6:01PM

Hello,

I'm using Sybase::bcp to run in some data from a text file into an ase
15.0 express database. The database is on openSUSE 10.1. The table this
data is being loaded into has an index that detects duplicate lines. The
first file load enters the database with no problems. When I load the
same file again, I expect to see a bunch of 2601's, duplicate row errors
thrown by the callback function. Instead I see the following printed
multiple times:

/Sybase message 1622, Severity 18, state 2
Type 'e2' not implemented./

(Type messages include: ee,f1,ea,e4)

*The perl script then hangs*. ????

Inspecting the packets with tcpdump I know that communication has
stopped between sybperl and the db. The test network is very simple,
collisions etc are not a problem. The transaction logs (tempdb and the
database in question) have plenty of space. I have not upgraded 15 to
the 15.01 edition. Could that be it?

I have loaded the file manually using bcp on the command line. And this
produces the expected results.

Now I am not sure whether this is a sybperl question or an ase
question... if it is an ase question I will repost on ase.linux.

Cheers

 Ed