From: jayson dot x dot pifer at jpmchase dot com
Subject: CTlib: Binary as Char?
Date: Dec 27 2007 5:31PM

I'm converting an older program for use on Sybase 15.  In this process
there is a routine that used DBlib's BCP routines which I'm dutifully
converting to CTlib's BLK routines.  The conversion has gone well except
for the insertion into the BINARY(16) fields.  Using the BLK routines and
the ct_dyn* routines seem to insert the values as strings rather than
their hex equivalents.

For example, a simple insert like the following yields the expected
results:

$hex_value = "0x2a";
$dbh->ct_sql( q{INSERT INTO #bin_test VALUES ( $hex_value ) } );

returns 0x2a000, while using the following:

$dbh->ct_dyn_prepare( qq{INSERT INTO #bin_test VALUES ( ? )} );
$dbh->ct_dyn_execute( [ $hex_value ] );

returns 0x30783261.  Basically treating it like a string because I get the
same value if I insert like so:

$dbh->ct_sql( q{INSERT INTO #bin_test VALUES ( "$hex_value" ) } );

The bulk routines have the identical issue.  Reading the archives to try
to solve this revealed a similar issue some time ago
(http://www.peppler.org/archive/sybperl-l/2001/8/6517.html), however, this
file doesn't seem to exist any more in the package.  What am I missing
here?  Thanks in advance!

Jayson Pifer

and affiliates.

copy format. Thank you.

disclosures relating to UK legal entities.