From: michael dot peppler at bnpparibas dot com
Subject: Re: Output Parameters Variable Types allowed from Stored Procedure using DBI
Date: Sep 15 2006 1:28PM

Please post a short example of what you are trying to do, and the actual
error message that you get.

Michael

Internet
Robert_Gorrebeeck@concentra.com@peppler.org - 15.09.2006 15:22

Sent by:        owner-sybperl-l@peppler.org
To:     sybperl-l
cc:
Subject:        Output Parameters Variable Types allowed from Stored
Procedure using DBI

All

Pretty new to PERL so I am still getting adjusted to it.

I am trying to call a stored procedure using DBI.  But when I want to
return a output parameter that is a Numeric (or Int or Money, basically
anything that not is a Varchar) it says it is not allowed and I should use
the convert function.

Problem is, is that I do not own the stored procedure and can't change the
logic to convert the value upon return.
Is there a way to allow my call to handle the output parameter of Numeric,
etc?

Thanks for any help

Robert Gorrebeeck
Concentra Online Services
972.725.6956
Robert_Gorrebeeck@concentra.com

****** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE ******
NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may
contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely
for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its
attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from
your system. Thank you.