From: Robert_Gorrebeeck at concentra dot com
Subject: Output Parameters Variable Types allowed from Stored Procedure using DBI
Date: Sep 15 2006 1:22PM

All

Pretty new to PERL so I am still getting adjusted to it.

I am trying to call a stored procedure using DBI.  But when I want to
return a output parameter that is a Numeric (or Int or Money, basically
anything that not is a Varchar) it says it is not allowed and I should use
the convert function.

Problem is, is that I do not own the stored procedure and can't change the
logic to convert the value upon return.
Is there a way to allow my call to handle the output parameter of Numeric,
etc?

Thanks for any help

Robert Gorrebeeck
Concentra Online Services
972.725.6956
Robert_Gorrebeeck@concentra.com
****** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE ******
NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your system. Thank you.