From: michael dot peppler at bnpparibas dot com
Subject: Re: Error handling in Sybase::BCP
Date: Aug 14 2006 11:09AM

Hi,

Sybase::BCP inherits from Sybase::DBlib. You should probably take a look at
the error handling in Sybase::DBlib, and in particular about how you write
an error message callback routine that will handle the client side or
server side errors.

Of particular interest will be the dbmsghandle() and dbserverhandle()
calls. See also the sybutil.pl file that is included with your sybperl
distribution, as that file has some sample error handlers that you could
customize for your use.

That being said, the Try/Catch mechanism implemented by Error.pm will
normally require the error to issue a die() call for the Catch to work
(using an eval {} block under the covers, I think). It's probably NOT a
good idea to issue the die() or croak() from within the error handler, so
you may be somewhat limited in getting Try/Catch to work without hacking
the Sybase::BCP source to die() if the bcpsendrow() fails.

Michael

Internet
cenvnc@gmail.com@peppler.org - 14/08/2006 11:42

Sent by:    owner-sybperl-l@peppler.org