From: "Ed Avis" <eda at waniasset dot com>
Subject: DBD::Sybase, FreeTDS and Cygwin
Date: Jul 5 2006 1:41PM

Has anyone managed to build DBD::Sybase using the FreeTDS libraries under Cygwin?  I'd like to connect to an MSSQL server, so using the Sybase client libraries isn't an option (I think).  I've installed FreeTDS from  and the tsql command works.  I can build DBD::Sybase but when I try to use it (for example in 'make test'), I get an error

Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8/cygwin/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.dll' for module DBD::Sybase: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
 at -e line 0
Compilation failed in require.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

The FreeTDS libraries are installed directly in /usr/lib, so setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH shouldn't be necessary.  (Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib makes no difference.)

% cd /usr/lib
% file libct* libsybdb*
libct.a:        current ar archive
libct.dll.a:    current ar archive
libct.la:       ASCII English text
libsybdb.a:     current ar archive
libsybdb.dll.a: current ar archive
libsybdb.la:    ASCII English text

I've tried building DBD::Sybase passing LINKTYPE=static to Makefile.PL, but that gives the same error.

--
Ed Avis