From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: make test failure DBD-Sybase-1.07
Date: Jun 6 2006 5:27PM

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 14:58 -0500, Eremin, Dmitry wrote:
> Could you help me understand why "make test" failing while I could
> connect trough isql with the same server name/id/password?
>
> thank you,
> Dmitry Eremin
>
> isql -SDEV02 -Usa
> Password:
> 1> quit
> ===========
> # This file contains optional login id, passwd and server info for the
> test
> # programs:
> # You probably don't want to have it lying around after you've made
> # sure that everything works OK.
>
> SRV=DEV02
> DB=tempdb
> UID=sa
> PWD=
> =============
> make test
>         PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /opt/perl5/bin/perl
> "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib',
> 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
>
> t/autocommit....ok
> 1/9
>
> The context allocation routine failed.
>
> The following problem caused the failure:
>
> Invalid context version.
> #     Failed test (t/autocommit.t at line 18)
> #     Tried to use 'DBD::Sybase'.
> #     Error:  DBD::Sybase initialize: ct_init(1100) failed
> at /opt/perl5/lib/5.8.0/PA-RISC2.0/DynaLoader.pm line 249.

ct_init() is trying to initialize at version 11.0, but fails. This is
usually due to having SYBASE point at a directory where the OpenClient
version is different (as in "older").

Do you have more than one version of OpenClient on your machine?

Michael Peppler  -  Peppler Consulting SaRL
mpeppler@peppler.org  -  http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase DBA/Developer - TeamSybase: http://www.teamsybase.com/