From: michael dot peppler at bnpparibas dot com
Subject: Re: [DBD::Sybase] Date fileds and syb_date_fmt
Date: Jun 1 2006 12:05PM

I believe that you are using DBD::Sybase with FreeTDS - and that is almost
certainly a problem with FreeTDS.
I can run this request without calling syb_date_fmt() using the Sybase
libraries with no problem.

Michael

Internet
mmarais@kertel.com@peppler.org - 01/06/2006 13:42

Sent by:    owner-sybperl-l@peppler.org

To:    sybperl-l

cc:

Subject:    [DBD::Sybase] Date fileds and syb_date_fmt

Hello,

On http://www.annocpan.org/~MEWP/DBD-Sybase-1.07/Sybase.pm I can read
DBD::Sybase returns dates as 'LONG' format. This is the default option.
It appears "SELECT getdate()" runs into a segmentation fault if
syb_date_fmt is not ran to change to some other format (ex. 'ISO') prior
to fetch data from sql requests containing date fields.

Example :

1  use DBI ;
2  my $user = "me";
3  my $pass = "secret";
4  my $conn = 'DBI:Sybase:server=my_server';
5  my $dbh = DBI->connect($conn, $user, $pass);
6  $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT getdate()");
7  $sth->execute();
8  #### $dbh->syb_date_fmt('LONG');
9  $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT getdate()");
10 $sth->execute();
11 my @rows = $sth->fetchrow_array;
12 print "$rows[0]\n";

- This script crashes line 11.

- Removing sharps line 8 keeps the script crash too.

- Replacing line 8 with $dbh->syb_date_fmt('ISO') runs fine. The script
now displays 2006-06-01 13:00:00.000

Any idea ?

--
Maxime MARAIS