From: michael dot peppler at bnpparibas dot com
Subject: Re: [DBD::Sybase] Prepare = Segmentation fault
Date: May 31 2006 2:20PM

FreeTDS doesn't yet support the placeholder functionality in its client
library implementation. You should take this up with the FreeTDS
development team.

Michael

Internet
mmarais@kertel.com@peppler.org - 31/05/2006 15:21

Sent by:    owner-sybperl-l@peppler.org

To:    sybperl-l

cc:

Subject:    [DBD::Sybase] Prepare = Segmentation fault

Hello,

After searching for a while on Google, I am still not able to find an
answer to the following issue. Running $dbh->prepare($sql) fails because
of a segmentation fault. I don't manage to fix this issue. Any idea
about this would be welcome.

Code sample :

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use DBI;

my $name = "user";
my $pass = "pass";
my $conn = 'DBI:Sybase:server=monserver';
my $dbh = DBI->connect($conn, $name, $pass);
print "W0 - Preparing\n";
my $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT ISDATE(?)");
# Note I use a parameter '?' in the sql query.
print "W0 - Executing\n";
$sth->execute('1970-01-01');

Run :

$ ./test.pl
W0 - Preparing
ct_send(CS_DESCRIBE_INPUT) returned 0 at
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.7/DBD/Sybase.pm line 133.
Erreur de segmentation

Environnement :

Perl v5.8.7
DBI::DBD v11.21
DBD::Sybase V1.07
FreeTDS V0.63

Note 1 : if you replace the 3 last lines with the following code,
everything works fine.

my $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT ISDATE('1970-01-01')");
print "W0 - Executing\n";
$sth->execute();

Note 2 : adapting the code to be run on Windows with ActivePerl + ODBC +
Windows MS SQL Driver, the $dbh->prepare("SELECT ISDATE(?)") and
$sth->execute('1970-01-01') statements work fine.

Many thanks forward for your help.

--
Maxime MARAIS
 Kertel.