From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: DBD-Sybase-1.07 and Sybperl-2.18
Date: May 27 2006 2:23PM

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 13:46 -0400, Mr. Dan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the response.  I've also installed freetds-0.63.  Would that
> cause a conflict?
> I'm getting a undefined symbol cs_dt_info, import error with python.  I'm
> drawing at straws to figure out why.  Earlier I had installed FreeTDS
> because I didn't have OCS-15_0.  Then, I purchased and installed OCS-15.  I
> have no idea how I would uninstall FreeTDS if there is a conflict.  I'm not
> installing FreeTDS with python-sybase so it shouldn't be a problem, but who
> knows?

Having FreeTDS installed shouldn't make any difference, as long as the
SYBASE env. variable points to the right place.

I don't really know anything about Python... but did you get any warning
messages during the build phase?

Michael Peppler  -  mpeppler@peppler.org  -  http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase DBA/Developer - TeamSybase: http://www.teamsybase.com/