From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: bulk copy with sybperl 2.18
Date: May 22 2006 5:11PM

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 12:41 -0400, Mr. Dan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to turn on the logged version of bulk copy so that bulk
> copy will work in the 'make test' of sybperl-2.18?  I trying to install
> sybperl-2.18 with OCS_15 querying to ASE 11.9.2.  Or should I just ignore
> that and install it?   I just don't want it to bite me later.  This seems to
> be my last error.
>
> Message String: You cannot run the non-logged version of bulk copy in this
> database. Please check with the DBO.

The database has to be placed in the "select into" mode by the DBO or
System Administrator. If that's not possible then you might be able to
fix the problem by altering the test scripts so that they create an
index on the test tables.

However, I would simply ignore the problem and install anyway. This
particular bulk-copy issue is a server issue, and if you need to use the
BLK api later on then the sysadmin will have to make the changes to the
database server anyway.

Michael Peppler  -  mpeppler@peppler.org  -  http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase DBA/Developer - TeamSybase: http://www.teamsybase.com/