From: michael dot peppler at bnpparibas dot com
Subject: Re: charactersets with sybperl 2.18
Date: May 22 2006 5:40AM

If you unset the LANG and/or LC_ALL environment variables your scripts will
default to the "C" locale, which itself will default to latin1 (i.e.
iso8859).

Most of the Sybase client API will handle the charset conversion between
utf8 and iso1 with no problem, but the Bulk Load API can't do this, and
that's most likely what fails for you.

Michael

Internet
bitsandbytes88@hotmail.com@peppler.org - 19/05/2006 20:43