From: "Mr dot Dan" <bitsandbytes88 at hotmail dot com>
Subject: charactersets with sybperl 2.18
Date: May 19 2006 6:43PM

Hi,

It turns out that the database character set on the ASE 11.9.2 db I'm trying
to connect to uses LATIN1.  Should I use character_set_convert or can I set
some env to use LATIN1 instead of the default utf8?  I get messages about
utf8 but it does connect using isql.  The make tes isn't finishing off at
100%.

Thanks again,
~DjK