From: Luc Van der Veurst <lucv at az dot vub dot ac dot be>
Subject: Re: sybperl, cron and environment variables
Date: Apr 6 2006 7:16AM

Hi,

How do you set your sybase environment variables in your profile ?

Do you source a script comparable to Sybase.csh ?

It seems that the installation of the repserver has overwritten
a script, or made changes in your profile (or whatever script
you source into your cronjobs) so that your cronjobs are using
a different sybase environment.

Check the modification dates of your .profile(s) and scripts that
are sourced in them.

That's my guess,
Luc.

> From: "Ashish Gupta"
> Subject: sybperl, cron and environment variables
> Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 15:06:05 +0900
>
> Hi,
>
> Please can you help me with a problem probably regarding environment
> variables.
>
> I had written some scripts in perl and sybperl and put them in the cron.
> examples:

> 01 20 * * * /home/sybase/dbalib/bin/run_dbcc     -s SYB_DBA61_TKD
> 01 21 * * * /home/sybase/dbalib/bin/update_stats -s SYB_DBA61_TKD
> 01 22 * * * /home/sybase/dbalib/bin/dump_db      -s SYB_DBA61_TKD
> -syb_zip
> #
> 01  6 * * * /home/sybase/dbalib/bin/check_space  -s SYB_DBA61_TKD
>
> They were working fine.
>
> Then, I think I installed Replication Server.
> And these scripts stopped working!
>
> I get an error of the following type:

> Your "cron" job on tktecwsd20
> /home/sybase/dbalib/bin/run_dbcc     -s SYB_DBA61_TKD
>
> produced the following output:
>
> Sybase::CTlib initialize: ct_init(12500) failed at
> /home/sybase/perl/lib/5.8.6/sun4-solaris-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line
> 253.
> Compilation failed in require at
> /home/sybase/dbalib/bin/../lib/DBAlib.pm line 86.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /home/sybase/dbalib/bin/../lib/DBAlib.pm line 86.
> Compilation failed in require at /home/sybase/dbalib/bin/run_dbcc line
> 11.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/sybase/dbalib/bin/run_dbcc
> line 11.
>
> When I run the script interactively, by default I get this error.
> But if I set the environment variables related to sybase correctly - via
> SYBASE.csh - then the scripts work fine.
>
> What I do not understand is: why were the cron jobs working fine earlier
> on? and why do they fail now.
>

> Thanks for your kind help.
>
> Best regards,
> Ashish
>

> Note: This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information and is for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s).  If you are not an intended
recipient, you are hereby kindly requested to refrain from printing, copying, or
distributing the information contained herein.  Furthermore, any other use of
the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this transmission in error, please kindly notify the sender immediately and