From: "Avis, Ed" <avised at kbcfp dot com>
Subject: RE: Feature request: turn off the multiple statement handleemulation
Date: Mar 22 2006 4:56PM

Michael Peppler wrote:

>>I think there should be a safe mode where DBD::Sybase will
>>never open a new database connection unless you explicitly ask for it.

>The attribute is called syb_no_child_con:

Ah cool.  Could you mention this in the 'Multiple active statements'
section of the documentation?

>I agree (now, possibly almost 8 years too late :-) that this should
>probably be the default behavior.

It could have three possible values: on, off, and warn.  Then in some
future DBD::Sybase version the default could change from on to warn.

--
Ed Avis

-----
This message may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived by any transmission to an unintended recipient.  If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately.  Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender, not those of KBC Financial Products or any affiliate thereof.

This message does not create any obligation, contractual or otherwise, on the part of any such entity.  It is not an offer (or solicitation of an offer) of, or a recommendation to buy or sell, any financial product.  Any prices or other values included in this message are indicative only, and do not necessarily represent current market prices, the prices at which any KBC entity would enter into a transaction or the prices at which similar transactions may be carried on that entity's own books.   The information contained in this message is provided "as is", without representations or warranties, express or implied, of any kind.  Past performance is not indicative of future returns.