From: Simon J Mudd <sjmudd at pobox dot com>
Subject: Re: Using DBD::Sybase / DBI to talk to replication server
Date: Feb 12 2006 3:25PM

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 04:17:42PM +0100, Michael Peppler wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 16:08 +0100, Simon J Mudd wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I am writing a script to manage a repserver and want to use DBI/DBD::Sybase to talk to
> > the rep server.
> >
> > The normal DBI SQL stuff works fine with ASE servers and I can also get
> > back print statements from them. However when I try to do the same thing
> > using the syb_err_handler I don't seem to be able to capture the output
> > produced by the repserver.
>
> The output from rep server commands (such as "admin who") is returned as
> result sets, so a normal prepare()/execute()/fetch() loop works fine.

Really? Ok, I'll try that tomorrow. Is it worth putting this information somewhere into your DBD::Sybase documentation.
I can't be the only one wanting to use DBD::Sybase to access rep server and while reading the documentation
I had assumed that the output was generated in a similar way to ASE print statements. Of course from isql you can't
tell the difference...

Thanks. I'll investigate further tomorrow.

Regards,

Simon Mudd