From: michael dot peppler at bnpparibas dot com
Subject: Re: OT: Sybase and Sequences (Was: Re: Retrieving Identity Value of newly inserted row)
Date: Feb 1 2006 7:12AM

No, Sybase doesn't have sequences (AFAIK neither does MS-SQL).
Sybase has identity columns, and then you can write your own sequence
generators using stored procs, or whatever method you want to use.

There's a good write up on the various methods at
http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=860 (the document is 8 years old, but it's
still valid for the most part).

To get more information I would recommend the newsgroups at
news://forums.sybase.com (in particular the sybase.public.ase.* groups).
Lots of Sybase engineers and various other highly competent people read
these groups and help out.

The sybase-l mailing list hosted by ISUG (International Sybase User Group)

Internet
mark@aufflick.com@peppler.org - 01/02/2006 00:43

Sent by:        owner-sybperl-l@peppler.org