From: michael dot peppler at bnpparibas dot com
Subject: Re: problems porting Sybase::BCP to Sybase::BLK
Date: Nov 17 2006 8:12AM

Various issues...

First,

You need to include the HAS_IDENTITY => 1 in the same $blk->config() call
as the rest of the configuration to enable IDENTITY_INSERT for the table.
So I'd do something like

my $identity_flag = ( $contbl1{$tg} ? 1 : 0 );

$bcp->config( INPUT => sub { $_ = shift @rows || last; return @{$_} },
ERRORS => ('G:\_svncode\scripts\trunk\blk.err.' . $tg. "." . time()) ,
OUTPUT => "$mydb.dbo.$tg", TAB_INFO => \@fieldnames, NULL => qq{undef},
HAS_IDENTITY => $identity_flag );

Second, I don't understand why you pass qq(undef) for the NULL pattern.
Are NULL values in the input stream empty strings (i.e. undef) or
something else?

I'm not sure why the SET CHAR_CONVERT option doesn't work - although it
may be that you need to set this at the BLK API level, in which case you
should probably set the client charset when you create the connection.

Michael

Internet
knb@gfz-potsdam.de@peppler.org - 16.11.2006 17:14

Sent by:        owner-sybperl-l@peppler.org