From: michael dot peppler at bnpparibas dot com
Subject: Re: unsigned datatype causing ct_fetch(): overflow?
Date: Oct 16 2006 6:31AM

I was able to reproduce the problem. I'll have to dig a little bit, but it
the problem should be localized to the describe() function in dbdimp.c in
case you want to give it a shot.

Michael

Internet
h4w301@gmail.com@peppler.org - 15.10.2006 14:40

Sent by:        owner-sybperl-l@peppler.org
To:     sybperl-l
cc:
Subject:        unsigned datatype causing ct_fetch(): overflow?

Hi,

I'm using ASE Express 15 and DBD-Sybase 1.07.
Is it true that DBD-Sybase 1.07 can not accept unsigned datatype from ASE
15?

I create a simple table:

create table asdf (
num unsigned smallint
)

insert into asdf values (32768)

When I fetch the table, it gave me error message:

Message String: ct_fetch(): user api layer: internal common library
error: The bind of result set item 1 resulted in an overflow.

Its OK when I insert 32767 (max of signed smallint).

Regards,

Humphrey