From: michael dot peppler at bnpparibas dot com
Subject: Re: Need your help with installation of Sybperl 2.18 on Linux
Date: Oct 12 2006 5:51AM

Hmmm.

Are you sure that you are using the correct perl binary wher you are
building sybperl?
What does "file `which perl`" show?

Michael

Internet
ecerisier@nexgenfs.com@peppler.org - 10.10.2006 18:32

Sent by:        owner-sybperl-l@peppler.org
To:     sybperl-l
cc:
Subject:        Re: Need your help with installation of Sybperl 2.18 on
Linux

Hello there,

Replying to an old thread, but I'm in quite the same situation:

I'm running a 32bit ASE 12.5.3 distribution on a x86_64 arch, and wanted
to get sybperl installed locally.

I understand that I do need to compile perl in 32bits for it to link
correctly sybperl with my 32bits Openclient.
I thought I did just that, i.e.:  use64bitall and use64bitint  are
'undef' in my config.sh

But it doesn't work and I'm getting the same ld error messages during
the make:

/ skipping incompatible /opt/sybase-12.5/OCS/lib/libct.so when searching
for -lct
etc.
/
Sorry if it's a bit offtopic, being more perl-related, but have any of
you guys achieved that ?

Thx in advance,
--
Emmanuel