From: "DeGuzman, Daniel" <Daniel dot DeGuzman at mtvstaff dot com>
Subject: RE: DBD::Sybase with host process disconnect errors when run from linux
Date: Oct 10 2006 6:41PM

FYI: we found the culprit, and it wasn't a perl DBD problem as
suspected.

Turns out when the sybase dataserver is started using the "tcp" protocol
(instead of the old hexidecimal "tli") in the interfaces file, it
reports these harmless disconnects..  By restarting the server using
"tli", there are no messages.

They currently have a CR open with the engineers to supress these
messages using sp_altermessage.

Dan