From: Emmanuel Cerisier <ecerisier at nexgenfs dot com>
Subject: Re: Need your help with installation of Sybperl 2.18 on Linux
Date: Oct 10 2006 4:32PM

       Hello there,

Replying to an old thread, but I'm in quite the same situation:

I'm running a 32bit ASE 12.5.3 distribution on a x86_64 arch, and wanted
to get sybperl installed locally.

I understand that I do need to compile perl in 32bits for it to link
correctly sybperl with my 32bits Openclient.
I thought I did just that, i.e.:  use64bitall and use64bitint  are
'undef' in my config.sh

But it doesn't work and I'm getting the same ld error messages during
the make:

/ skipping incompatible /opt/sybase-12.5/OCS/lib/libct.so when searching
for -lct
etc.
/
Sorry if it's a bit offtopic, being more perl-related, but have any of
you guys achieved that ?

Thx in advance,
--
Emmanuel